Saturday 13 February 2010

Franklin's My Dear..........

Franklin's Gardens - The venue for my sporting action today.

This season having seen Charlton play Bees, Lions, Robins, Canaries, Seagulls etc I'm off to see some more creatures, today it's the Falcons of Newcastle at Northampton. Despite losing to the Falcons at home last season I'd normally fancy the Saints to win this comfortably but having a couple of players missing to the 6 nations it may be a closer call.

The rugby is a great day out. A few beers before, during and sometimes after the match all backed up by some honest sporting endeavour. Most folk know how to behave, support their team with a passion and still find it within themselves to show the opposition some respect. The players too manage to, by and large, conduct themselves in a decent manner and respect the referee. Perhaps football should have a campaign to show respect to the refer......... oh !

As a result of following the Addicks home and away a fair deal this season I've not seen the Saints since before Christmas and it'll be nice to relax and watch some sporting action without fretting too much ! All that worry is being saved for Monday when I'm off to Bristol.

My day is completed tonight as I'm attending a fund raising quiz for a local girls football team......... the Lionesses !

Come On You Saints !




No comments:

Post a Comment