Tuesday 25 October 2011

Encore Les Bleus

Friends reunited - Grant Basey aka The Count now plays for Wycombe

Tonight we play the Chairboys although like Carlisle they are often referred to as the Blues. Another local away fixture for me but finances and decorating / work ( despite it being half term ) dictate otherwise. Fear not as there will be ANEM staff on hand ! Senior reported Clive and young cub Dan will be in attendance to report on the game.

Adams Park, surprisingly not named after ex-manager Tony but rather former captain and benefactor Frank, is somewhat out of the way. Only one pub close to the ground as I recall and parking isn't easy. However, you can park at one of the industrial car parks or the ground itself for about a fiver so not too bad. In addition, on my last visit I had a beer in their clubhouse which was rather pleasant.

Gary Waddock is the man charged with keeping Wanderers in the division. He got them promotion last season and this season the team has had a couple of notable scalps, namely Sheff Utd at home and more recently Hartlepool away. As with all games in this league it will be a tough one.

I'm hoping that Sir Chris retains the same side as the one that started on Saturday. I've commented before that I didn't think Stephens has been at his best of late and Hughes did nothing wrong for me and deserves to retain his place.

We will have optoins on the bench if needed and I'd expect Stephens to replace Euell on there as that seems logical.

I'm pleased that there's been no mention of Sir Chris being linked with the Leicester job now Sven has gone. That man must have been paid more in compensation that actual salary ! What a life ! I'm sure that the Foxes will be looking an established and experienced manager.

As ever Curbs name gets a mention but I fear the longer he goes without a job the harder it'll be for him. I think he set his sights to high and should have taken a Championship or League One job instead of holding out for a Prem one as seems to be the case. If I were making the appointment I'd go for Billy Davies ( how different things might have been if we got him instead of Dowie all those years ago ! ) making Billy a very rare breed if not unique in managing Derby, Forest and Leicester !

If you're going enjoy and give the lads a cheer for me. I shall nervously be listening or checking internet, paint brush in hand.

Come On You Reds ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment