Saturday 25 February 2012

The Bootiful Game ?

Norfolk in chance

My second post via Google of the chrome variety which I'm still coming to terms with. I hate change of any variety and when it's technology related, even more so. Still you'll not notice any difference.......the same old garbage in, garbage out method applies !

Relatively new Stevenage manager, Gary Smith, is a fan of Arsenal but not such a big fan that he wants to get The Boro playing in the style of his beloved Gunners.

I mustn't be too disparaging of Stevenage as I got a comment from one irate Boro fan following a previous post. He / she said " Charelton were a disgrace........fainig injury " and that " Stevenage play a passig game ".

I do hope that he / she isn't trying to get a ticket in the home stands. Forget all your stringent security checks, a simple " how do you spell Charlton ? " will suffice.

A near capacity crowd expected today and one assumes that the security folk in the Jimmy Seed will be a tad busier than they were on Tuesday night. I hope that the lapsed " fans " that turn up today help create a good atmosphere and assist in " getting behind the boys and make some noise ". Of course, it's mostly down to the team to motivate everyone with a much better effort than that of Tuesday.

Two things saddened me upon Tuesday's final whistle. One was the booing, I've never done that at a Charlton game and certainly not when we're atop the division ! Secondly, that the players headed straight off without any acknowledgement of us poor buggers who'd in various fashion, left work early, traveled a fair distance or just made an effort to be there never mind the expense. 

I trust that Sir Chris has learned the error of his ways in playing players out of position and that Solly, if fit and well, is selected ! I feel that Hughes should return to midfield in place of Stephens who is failing to maintain his early season promise. Hughes also seems to bring out the best in Hollands.

I was saddened to see Hayes go out on loan not just because it leaves us light in the striker department. He hasn't put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned. He's just been an unfortunate casualty of a very impressive Yann Kermogant. One assumes a loanee striker is due to arrive. I hope so because Clarke isn't cutting the mustard and sure doesn't look hot at present. I hope he can prove me wrong as I felt he'd offer so much more when he arrived.

The scenario of Stevenage doing the double over us isn't one I want to contemplate let alone witness. Sir Chris needs to make sure our boys are really fired up for this one. We need to bag the three points and we can then sit back and watch t'Sheffield derby in a more relaxed manner than we'll witness from Mr Megson in his technical area.

Come On You Reds !

No comments:

Post a Comment